Sunday, January 6, 2008

Nexus

Nexus

Definition: Connection, Link; also a causal link
A connected group or series
A center, focus
That which unites or binds

And so begins another adventure.

Through a series of inspirational and synergistic occurances, I found the triple spire labyrinth image. The word nexus also popped into my head one day and so the concept is taking shape...NEXUS.

My other blog, although very valuable to me, represents a different period in my life.

What will unfold in these pages is still in conceptual form. I have many ideas though...I have ideas about the birth space, ideas about the connections to our mothers, ideas about forming community, ideas about culture and how to integrate and separate at the same time, ideas about making midwifery mainstream, for making our lives simpler and yet expansive. All these ideas tend to boil down to one thing though, the need for a connection, for love, the need to get out of our heads and into our hearts.

You will find intellectual commentary here, you will find opinions-political ones, but hopefully you will find a bit more than that.

So what do you think? What can you add? What is in your heart space that longs to be expressed. These questions are for me, but also for all of you that read in the blogspere, that are searching for "somethink" that might make their lives a little more connected.

3 comments:

lola coca-cola said...

I'm looking forward to hearing what you have to say in this next incarnation.

bendystar said...

I enjoy your writing. A lot of what you wrote spoke to me, concerning community and becoming a mother. I look forward to reading more!

Anonymous said...

Oh beautiful Sol!

You are a poetic heart. I like how you use your blogs for phases of life. That is a nice idea. I have multiple blogs too, but they are more topically oriented, or should I say, sphere oriented--personal, professional, intellectual? But, then , nothing is that cut and dried. It all overlaps...

I still see that sweet young girl standing among the coffee plants in Costa Rica...MH